24 Day Challenge update

Over the weekend, I got very sick. I developed some severe stomach/bathroom issues on Friday evening. Therefore, I ceased use of Advocare on Saturday trying to build energy and substance back in my body without any other stimulants. I felt better on Saturday- I went to a wedding and ate/drank things my body probably didn't even recognize anymore! Bad idea. So I  continued use on Sunday; however, hell returned Sunday evening. I went to an Urgent Care, and the doc put me on a 24 hr clear liquid diet. On Monday, I stayed home and recovered and adhered to doc's orders. I felt a little depleted to say the least. I had done everything right the first 12 days... all to be forced to stop because my body got sick. I don't believe the sickness had anything to do with Advocare products. My mom had a little bug so I'm assuming I caught it. It also may have been a combination of such changes in my diet and something viral, but I (and the doctor) am unsure. Maybe my body wanted to start a civil war against me like "Gina, I miss my beer, burgers, and cheese, so I'm going to make you feel like shit." ;)
Yesterday, I ate only easily digested foods like crackers, soup, bananas, blah. I tried some eggs last night to get some protein in my body - didn't go all that well. This morning, I have opted to continue the Advocare challenge because I don't want to sit back another day. I'm still not feeling like myself, but I want to push on and try. I'm going to take it easy on the portions of meals, but I am trying to get back to normal (healthy) diet. I also haven't worked out since Thursday so I feel icky because of that also. So let's all hope that today is better, and my body accepts everything I put in it! I did weigh-in again to see the effects of this sickness, and I gained a pound. No big. I DID try to keep up with the catalyst during the weekend because A LOT came out, and I wanted to make sure my muscle didn't! SO, back at it I GO today! I skipped 3 days in the mix, so technically this is my Day 14. 10 more days.
Let's kick it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment