Advocare 24 Day Challenge journey DAY 1

Welcome!
I have been wanting to make a blog for different projects I have completed, crafts I have made for speech therapy, etc. Not because I am an avid writer or model of creativity, but just to share my ideas. On another note, I began the 24 day challenge today and that really pushed me to create one so that anyone interested in Advocare, the products, or the challenge can read about my journey. What makes mine different from other bloggers' journeys? Nothing. But! If anyone asks me about my results, I can simply refer them here and let them decide for themselves. Therefore, that is what my first post will entail.
I first learned of Advocare and the challenge on Facebook (duh). A friend shared some photos and info with me. Not long after, another friend, who is now my advisor, messaged me with some info. I was in grad school at the time so I was unable to afford anything it... Once I was employed, I wanted to take the challenge.  I have wanted to do some sort of cleanse for a while now. For energy and overall health. Based on others' recommendations and enthusiasm for Advocare, I thought this one was the one for me.
Today is day 1. I have spent most of my day cooking meals and prepping for the week. (Being Labor Day, I was lucky that my first day is a day off.) I wanted it to be easy and quick for me to eat right this week and stick to the guidelines. The first 10 days of the 24 are the cleanse phase. To learn more specifics about the challenge, visit Advocare's website. I simply want to share my journey every few days, but more details are available all over the web.
Now, I had NEVER even tried an Advocare product to date. So I was anxious to see what the hype of this Spark energy drink was about that so many had raved about. And today, my day started with Spark fruit punch. It was yummy! I drank it casually first thing this morning, and I haven't felt tired all day (it's early evening now). I'm not really a coffee drinker- one cup in the morning on the way to work, and that's good. So I think I can definitely get used to refreshing beverage for my energy. This product is a ton of vitamins for energy. Next, came the fiber drink. Now I had been warned that this was the worst part, but I still hadn't fully prepared myself for the yuckiness involved. As I told my boyfriend as I was "drinking" it: it tastes like trees. Tree applesauce. Mine got thick because I let it, and it just wasn't good. It's only necessary to drink a few days in the cleanse phase so I will suck it up, but those warnings were accurate! I had well-balanced, healthy meals today. I ate snacks when recommended based on the checklist, but I really wasn't even hungry for them.
  I have a lot of excitement about the days/weeks ahead, and I'm happy to be able to share with anything willing to listen. I am doing this challenge with several friends, and that has already helped my attitude and motivation. I will try my best to post recipes and updates throughout so stay tuned for more! I will also share my struggles, triumphs, and obstacles along the way too.
Thanks for listening!
G

No comments:

Post a Comment