Advocare 24 Day Challenge: Day 9

Day 9!
MY PANTS ARE LOOSER :) I wore a pair of jeans to church on Sunday that are normally a lot tighter, and they were borderline loose, AND they had just been washed ;)))  I haven't weighed myself yet, but I know I FEEL good and that's most important. I also got a little visit from the bitch Aunt P this week too so I may hold off on the weigh-in until that's over.
I made it through the weekend sticking to healthy eating!! That is quite an accomplishment. Granted, I stayed home and worked on some things for work, but weekends are usually when I overindulge in treats or drinks or all of the above (especially since it's football season). By the end of last week, I was really getting tired the things I had cooked for the week. So on Friday night, I made some turkey chili and on Sunday, I stuffed some bell peppers and made crockpot chicken tacos for this week. Once you get to the point that you know certain things aren't options, you begin to not even want them! My family opted for Popeyes Fried Chicken (red beans and biscuits included) on Saturday night, and I didn't even care! My boyfriend feels bad when he doesn't eat healthy in front of me with me, but I had a revelation! On Saturday, I explained to him that this is a CHOICE I made, not a diet trend. I chose to change how I was eating to feel better and be healthier. Therefore, I don't think of it as a loss by having to "give up" things because if I wanted them, I would have them.  I'm not on a diet and don't consider anything I may eat as cheating. It's health, not dieting. And why ruin feeling so good?! I slacked a little last week on workouts- only 2 days :/. So I worked out twice on Saturday and felt back on track. I really started to feel the effects of the catalyst supplements as well over the weekend. I feel that my legs have toned up. It could be in my head, but that's ok too! **I explain more about what this is at the bottom for those interested! Another important reality that we (my support group ;)) are coming to know is that sometimes PERFECTION is not possible. But making BETTER choices is. My bf's mom cooked some veggies Sunday night with some things that aren't necessarily perfect for this cleanse, but they ARE still veggies. And I asked if we could throw some fish on the grill too instead of choosing the pork they were cooking.
So I'm LEARNING. We, our food, and our habits will never be perfect, but it's not about never slipping up. It's about being better than you were before.

Thanks for reading!!
G


**Catalyst was explained to me as basically consuming whole chicken breasts without the calories. When we incorporate lots of cardio into our routines (while great for burning cals), we may also be losing some muscle mass as well as fat. Catalyst is an amino acid supplement, and the purpose is to preserve the muscle mass and fuel your muscles during workouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment